Saturday, August 9, 2008

Today is going to be a good day! First of all the highly anticipated olympics are on! We swept fencing (I know cool right?) But aside from that, my Cardinals are going to bash in the Cubbies. Then I get to see the Rams play the Titans (I love the NFL) Okay, really I love sports, especially when they involve my home town teams. Sorry, but I am pretty ethnocentric when it comes to my sports. But I try to keep that as the only time I use the cultural blinders.

Aside from that, I get to audition a new lead singer for my band when I go back to college. Audition? I feel so weird writing that, but it's fun being a Simon Cowell from time to time. Plus, I really enjoy the type of people who have no problem meeting a complete stranger and belting their heart out. I will have an update on how this one goes.

Then after that, I get to start packing for my return to the middle-of-nowhere-Missouri. This is such an exciting weekend. Sports, music, socializing; Now all I need is a tasty boulevard with a slice of lemon.

I never thought I would be the kind to enjoy drinking beer. Ever since I can rememer I've hating everything about it. But once 21 hits let the taste acquiring begin. I need the factory tour and get some free beer at Anheiser-Busch before St. Louis feels the ripple effects of the InBev buyout. Everyone here is so damn concerned about it and I think it's pretty silly to get all worked up over it. There will just be new rich, fat men collecting their checks at the end of the day.

Sorry for the Stream-of-Consciousness style of writing today. Speaking of which...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF6tCPlFaO8&feature=related

Dream Theater...Maybe not your cup-of-tea, but they are phenomenal musicians.

Well, here's to the athletes, musicians, and beer drinkers everywhere this weekend.

1 comment:

Kelvin Oliver said...

Sounds like you are having a very eventful weekend. That is to be taken in a good way.. hopefully LOL. I loved the Olympics opening. I have not really watched it since yesterday night, but I'm sure everyone is doing a terrific job winning for their country. You have a cool blog cool. I enjoyed reading it! :)