Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back in K-Ville USA!

Right now I'm jamming to Soul Sacrifice by Santana. Oh it is so sweet. I remember first seeing this performed on a documentary about Woodstock. The drum solo is incredible. Oddly enough it was shown to me by my ex's father. This dude was an incredible/incredibly strange individual. (Always made for interesting moments when "the girl" and I would be spending alone time in the late evenings). It was really the way he communicated with me. He always sounded so condescending at least in his tone, but at the same time was always so excited to discuss the most random things with me. It was like he valued my opinion not because he thought it valid, but something to categorize in his weird chamber of thoughts from "lower lifeforms." He had good taste in music at least.

More importantly (sorry for that obnoxious tangent), I'm back in my college town. I have a huge 4 bedroom house all to my lonesome and it is wonderful. Life has finally slowed down. So far I've just been consuming myself with music. With no one to bother, I am blasting my drums, developing new song creations with my guitar all while constantly listening and watching music for more inspiration. So far so good. I've talked to the area bar owners and have started getting my face out there for potential gigs.

We have some nice owners here. I got hammered last night, and my drummer, Bret, and I probably spent $10 collectively. Apparently, bar owners love to talk business over individual pitchers of delightful exotic beverages like Keystone or, if you're lucky, Coors Light. I know classy, right? But nevertheless, FREE!

Basically my life is where I want it to be at the moment. No TV. Plenty of Music!!! A good book, "Think and Grow Rich". And pirated internet from my neighbor, "Bob", according to his connection ID. Thanks bro!

Oh and a disclaimer on the book. I'm not superficial and money hungry. Far from it! I picked it up because I hear (from at least five of my coworkers) it has some great views on how we can "better" our thoughts, and in turn our attitudes, and hopefully our lives and the lives of those around us. So think of it as growing rich in quality of life, not money. Although that wouldn't bother me if it went down that way too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waaaait, is this K-Ville the same KV where I started college, many many moons ago?

Pancake City, ring a bell?