Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Can't Think of a Title

Damn, it has been awhile! I thought this blog would be lost forever. Internet here in this wonderful hick town is hit or miss and the cable/internet company monopolizes the area so my roommates and I are kind of screwed.

Classes have already started and I am pretty much the most worthless student right now. I blame it on music, cardinals baseball, and senioritis.

Oh I also found out that one of my roommates is quite the salesman. Let's just say that I've gotten to meet some "interesting" people, all of which are usually here for no more than 3 minutes at a time. My fondest memory of his business had to be when I met THE NEIGHBORS. These guys, of which I had not previously known, simply walk in our house and ask me if I had any product that they desired. Kind of freaked out I knew to ask John if he knew who these shady characters were. He had no idea either, but nevertheless, not even two minutes and a few cigarettes later, he was $100 richer. I've probably met at least 15 people like this so far and I'm beginning to get paranoid, considering these people can see the nearly $15,000 of music equipment in our "jam room" for the band. That's actually kind of sad I know. A 21 year old, future financial advisor, has blown enough to pay for his small college (for three semesters) on music equipment.

On that front, I'll probably end up singing for the group. Both of our auditions were terrible. Simon would have cried. I'm in choir now and even convinced the other guitarist and drummer to join so that will be fun. None of us have any choir experience and it's really more of a way for us to scout for a new singer. Creepy? Perhaps, but we are desperate. But nevertheless, the gigs are rolling in and hopefully more will come along. In fact, word on the quad is that we might even be opening for Ben Folds when he comes here in the fall. EXCITING!

Perhaps when I get more time, I'll be able to blog about something interesting. But for now it's lunch and then investments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Ben Folds. He played at my college in the Spring.

He has a new song with Regina Spektor that is really good.

Anonymous said...

WOW, opening up for Ben Folds?! How exciting :D That's wonderful that you joined choir! I'm a music major, so don't mind me being a little excited to hear that you're in choir ;)

That sucks about the internet, though. Local companies usually screw people over with plans and policies that don't make sense. You should look into AT&T High Speed (http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=6431) cuz that's what my boyfriend and his roommate used last semester when the local internet company in town tried to rip them off.

-Josephine (20SB)

Anonymous said...

Ben Folds, how exciting!
& yeah, I'd definitely watch out for the shady characters if I were you. One of my friends, an, ahem, salesman himself had $10,000 in cash stolen from his place. Apparently he's a good salesman, too ;)